Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pledge to Self...DIY

Everything has a purpose when you love to decorate. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

I use to decorate and rearrange my house on a regular basis. I fell off the band wagon a few years ago BUT I am making a pledge to myself to change my thinking habits and start doing what I love to do.

I love taking unused objects and turning them into something usable. I also love refurbishing furniture, painting, etc. Anything to do with DIY projects I love!

So I'm hoping that in my next few blogs I will have some goodies to show off. I will be in the process now of finding things I have already done and posting pics to show you. So be looking back here soon....

Here's a sample....
this was a dresser unfinished. It had 3 drawers. I took the 1st 2 and cut them and turned them into 2 doors that opened. I used a crackle effect and used gold leaf paint for a splash of color...this was done about 12 years ago and can now use some TLC....One of my first DIY projects


This is a old window that was painted, not by me but I have done many like this...I wish I had taken pics of the one's I did...Have plenty of windows to work on, so stay tuned or if anyone has any suggestions on a idea of what to paint, let me know.


This use to be a bassinet, one of those wicker ones. I took the top of and turned it into a bench....


If you need any ideas on how to do something or need a idea for one of your own items, PLEASE feel free to ask me...I would love to help!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these. The bassinet bench is awesome, does it still rock? The cabinet you did is neat too! I wouldn't even know where to begin. what do you use it for? I like the window a lot too, wouldn't fit in my home's decor however. do you hang it like a real window, or on the wall like a painting/piece of art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The bassinet has rollers on the bottom and the window can be used as a wall hanging or a divider like hanging...I'm going to be painting me another in the near future of a pink flamingo....Hope you will be back to take a peek? Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, it' means alot! MUWAHHH!

    ReplyDelete