Total Pageviews

Friday, July 22, 2011

It's Time For The Family to Get On Board!

I just added a post on the FlyLady page on facebook. "I went to bed with a shiny sink, and be darn'd if it wasn't a mess when I got up" I asked for suggestions on how to handle this situation.

If anything it's these little things that causes me to throw my hands in the air and just quit! I know this is not the answer. So, from the advise that a FLYfriend suggested I thought I would share so maybe it will also help another FLYbaby.

Here's is her fix....
" I always find out who caused the mess and make them clean it up. Being persistent with the kitchen rules help. Even if the offender is still asleep in bed, I make him/her get up and clean it up! My dh is not immune to this either! Also, if no one is willing to "fess up, I issue a blanket punishment for all three of my kids. So far they have done their part in keeping the house tidy. They've learned that a clean house = happy mama!"

At this point I am will to try anything to get my family on board. I know there are more of you ladies that want to be a "Happy Mama". So for any of you FLYbabies that have other suggestion, PLEASE share...

Thanks, Mary Harper for your advise!

1 comment:

  1. That was a good idea... luckily my daughter is only 4 so if I wake up to a dirty sink I will know it was dh.. but oh to make him get out of bed to clean the kitchen would be lovely...one day...one day! ;)

    ReplyDelete