Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I love to eat FROGS! You will too...

Wonder about frogs by CandyRougie

To eat frogs really frees me. They are like clutter in my brain. Marla says that we first have to get rid of our clutter then chores will be a piece of cake. To me it’s the same thing with frogs. They clutter my brain. I can’t think clearly with them. They are hidden but they are there and by time they grow and grow and grow. It’s a secret growing. Best is to eat them immediately by appearing when they are little. But too often I put them off.

It’s only 5 days ago I decided to start a new habit for me: Eating one frog a day

I got this idea on Wednesday because that’s our “Anti-Procrastinating-Day” and I always struggle with it. I just get overwhelmed. I simply put off too many things. Every Wednesday I thought this is the day… but… I did NOTHING. I thought I have to cut anti-procrastinating in smaller pieces. (The “Flaylady Way” like Marilyn says….lol) Presto my new habit was born and I started it on Thursday. Not a whole anti-procrastinating day for me but a small step every day. This works for me. Also I decided to public my new habit. Posting my frogs on the 40/50+ board makes me accountable. It’s a public commitment for me that leads me to really do my tasks. And who knows there might be others who like to join me.

We had some discussion on the name. Frog does not sound yummy. There was the idea of calling it a hot fudge sundae instead of. But this name might be tricky because of weight issues. We all know that gaining weight is easy for us 40/50+. And actually frog is a good name BECAUSE it is ugly. Frogs are things we DON’T like and therefore we put them off. Well, I do. It’s more like taking a bitter medicine I hesitate to take although I know that afterwards I will feel better.

So today is frog day #5 (just 5!) and guess what happened to me? My frogs are nearly gone. I feel so GOOD. Paperwork is done and lots of others. It’s a miracle. I begin to love to eat frogs. I even become the lady of the frogs!

Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment