Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Is something wrong?

So many times I find myself in a situation where I'm wondering if someone is upset with me for some reason.

My intuition is usually pretty accurate, which can be a blessing and/or a curse.  An astute woman once told me she asks, "Is there something I have said or done that has somehow offended you?  I felt that sounded like a reasonable, non-offensive way to ask so I have been utilizing this method.

Thus far, nobody has 'fessed up!  Every person I've felt distance, discomfort, coldness or hostility from has said "No"!  

Could it really be that I'm so far off in my intuits? I just don't think so. However, that same woman also said, "If they deny being upset, it is no longer on me - it is now their problem"

I'm still working on that part...

3 comments:

  1. Oh man could I go on with this one, but I love the part where the woman said, "If they deny being upset, it is no longer on me - it is now their problem".
    At least you have gotten a response. I would rather be cussed out, texted out, or even phoned out, rather than nothing at all. I love this topic! So many times ppl that were "so called friends" has dropped me for (no reason to my knowledge)so many times with no explanation at all.
    Oh well, here is my answer to that "If you don't understand my heart, you will never be a part of it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you don't understand my heart, you will never be a part of it" I love that, Staci !!!
    you also shared ""so called friends" ... dropped me for (no reason to my knowledge)so many times with no explanation at all." I am just so relieved to hear you say that.... I thought it was just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope you are not alone...and thanks for the blog. I think we are on to something....hehehe

    ReplyDelete