Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Anxiety. The Monster inside me..

I have always heard people talk about their anxiety and panic attack's. I never understood them and always thought they were just full of it. Well IT IS NOT A GAME and is very serious.

I too suffer from anxiety.
One day it hit from no where and I thought i was going to die! This feeling lasted for two hours. I ended up at the ER and as soon as I walked in the hospital I was fine. The Dr. asked "how are you feeling?" and I could not for the life of me explain. I thought I was going crazy but tried to tell him the best I could..I do not know why it went away or why it even picked me that day. All I do know is I struggled for weeks and was scared to death to be alone. My feet would sweat, my heart would race and my body felt wierd to where I felt like I was coming out my skin. I know this sounds crazy, believe me I do!
I ended up going to a mental health clinic and as soon as I walked in I felt better. Keep in mind I haven't been on any medication in my whole life (40 yrs that is) for anything. So the Dr. put me a medication. It did not help and the anxiety got worse. Now remember anxiety to me means, the fear of having a PANIC attack. I took this medication for ninteen days and it was driving me crazy and was not helping me at all.
I don't want to take something that makes me feel empty in my head...NO NO NO! I stopped taking it on my own. The day I did't take it I felt better.

Anyhow, I now have a regular Dr. and love her...I am taking meds but not anything that makes me worse...I still have days when I feel the anxiety coming on but can deal with it better now..It still scares me though. I just wish there was a cure for this. I really do because as I know now this is not a game and should be taken very seriously. I pray for anyone that struggles with this and would never wish it on my worst enemy....

No comments:

Post a Comment